I think one of the top 5 best inventions in the world is the slow cooker.
Ok, I might be exaggerating a little bit, but if you don’t have time to cook or if you want to prep your meal the night before and still have it steaming hot to eat, the slow cooker is your best friend.
Here is a yummy chicken slow cooker recipe that Victoria and I had last night.
- 1/2 cup of Ketchup
- 1/4 cup of Soy Sauce or Bragg Liquid Amino's (soy sauce replacement)
- 1/4 cup of Olive Oil
- 2 Medium sized Sweet Potatoes (Chopped)
- 1 cup of Baby Carrots or Large Carrots (whichever you prefer)
- 1lb of Chicken Breast
- 2 servings of Celery
- 1 Tablespoon of Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon of Parsley Flakes
- 2 minced Garlic Cloves
Step 1: In a measuring cup mix the ketchup, soy sauce, olive oil, & all of the spices together until well blended and set aside.
Step 2: Put the chicken in the slow cooker with the carrots, sweet potatoes, and celery.
Step 3: Pour the olive oil mixture into the slow cooker and make sure all of the dry ingredients are covered.
Step 4: Cover the slow cooker with the lid and set it on low for about 8 hours (or you could also put it on high for about 3-4 hours).
Step 5: Take the lid off and enjoy all of the juicy greatness of the slow cooker.